Hayward Vari-Flo Control Valves feature an easy-to-use lever action handle that lets you "dial" multiple valve/filter functions: filter, backwash, waste, rinse, closed or recirculate. This pool filter valve comes complete with an integral sight glass that lets you see when the backwashing cycle is completed.
All of the ports on this filter valve are open. In addition to the ports shown, there are also two bottom ports to allow for maximum plumbing flexibility. Two male threaded plugs with o-rings are also included to close the two ports that will not be used.
- Backwash - For cleaning filter sand bed of accumulated debris
- Rinse - Use after completing backwash cycle to ensure all dirty water is rinsed out of the filter to waste
- Waste - By-passes the filter for draining or lowering pool water level and for vacuuming heavy debris directly to waste line.
- Recirculate - Water is recirculated through the valve by-passing the filter
- Closed - Shuts off the flow from the pump to the filter
- Filter - For normal filtering and regular vacuuming
- Hayward's Vari-Flo XL multiport control valve is engineered for maximum flow at lower pressure drops, making it the choice in multiport valves.